SAMPLE RESUME FOR TEACHER, TUTOR
This is a sample resume for teachers, who is doing teaching jobs. Teachers and tutors can
use this sample to write your own resume.
Dundas St. East, Apt 215
Toronto, Ont. M5A 2B3
EDUCATION AND PROFESSSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Education, York University, 2003
(Intermediate/Senior Divisions, Individual and Society, English, Concurrent Programme)
Bachelor of Arts, York University, 2003
(Honours Sociology Major and English Minor)
Dean’s Honour Roll, York University, 1999-2003
Tribes certification, 2002
Ontario Secondary School Diploma, Jarvis Collegiate Institute, 1998
Malvern C.I., Grade 10 & 11 Drama, OAC Writer’s Craft. Toronto District School Board, 2002-present
• Developed lessons on writing skills and essay composition techniques.
• Introduced the history of Children’s Literature and implemented a poetry unit.
• Instilled the idea of cooperation and small-group learning.
• Generated a genuine interest and imagination in the students for dramatization.
Victoria Park S.S., Grade 10 Canadian History, Grade 12 Society: Challenge and Change. Toronto District School
• Planned and implemented a comprehensive unit on immigration and multiculturalism for a Grade 10 Academic
History class and a Grade 10 Pre-IB History class.
• Introduced Gr.12 students to various theories of human development and agents of socialization.
• Utilized a variety of resources (video, online learning, print material, illustrations, texts, etc.) to address
multiple learning styles.
• Organized a day trip to the Toronto Archives.
Ryerson Community Public School, Grade 6 integrated. Toronto District School Board, 2000-2001
• Created lessons which took concern of the various learning levels of an integrated class (i.e., behavioural,
• Planned and implemented a unit on the Wendat with a cross-curricular purpose which encompassed all subject
areas such as Language, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science.
• Guided and collaborated with a small group of students to compile a booklet called A Classroom Memory.
RELATED TEACHING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Summer Camp English Language Instructor, Primary 4 and 5, July – Aug 2002
• Constructed a mini series of English activity-based lessons with components such as speaking, writing,
listening, grammar, daily expression, and communication, which met both the curricular criteria and the
objectives of the camp.
• Supervised excursions and worked closely with other staff to ensure students’ safety, and well-being.
• SCOTT ENGLISH CENTER, Causeway Bay, HK
Summer Buddies Program Assistant, July - Aug 1999
• Worked with young participants from Kindergarten level to Grade 8 of various ethnic backgrounds and of low to
middle socio-economic families.
• Organized and implemented both indoor and outdoor games, crafts and community outings.
• Supervised reading and writing activities, and taught basic computer lessons.
• Ensured the community principles and goals were achieved.
• WOODGREEN PAPE COMMUNITY CENTRE, Toronto
Lunch-break peer tutor, 1996- 1998
• Assisted students of various levels from Grade 9 to Grade 11, including ESL, in subjects such as English,
Mathematics and General Science.
• JARVIS COLLEGIATE, Toronto
Guest speaker, 2001-2002
• Disseminated information about university courses and Education program to graduating students at Jarvis C.I..
Tutor of the Cabbagetown Community Centre Reading Circle, 1997-1999
• Helped inner city children, age 4 to 10, improve their reading and writing skills.
After-school program tutor, 1998
• Worked one-on-one with a Grade 4 student with school assignments in English and Mathematics at Church Street
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Part-time receptionist, Riverdale Allergy Clinic, 1999- 2003
• Checked in and out patients, data input, filing, billing, cash-handling, typing, answering incoming calls and
other clerical duties.
Library Page, Jarvis Collegiate Institute Library, 1995-1998
• Sorted books, magazines and articles categorically. Checked in and out library items. Provided brief
orientation to new students.